SIM is hiring a new Lead Coordinator!
SIM now accepting applications for Lead Coordinator role!
Hello SIMmers, allies, and supporters!
SIM is now officially beginning the search for a new Lead Coordinator. Check out the description below, and please help spread the word about this exciting opportunity to join the SIM staff team. SIM members, old or new, are strongly encouraged to apply. Deadline for applications is March 22nd, 2013.
The Lead Coordinator is the Student Immigrant Movement’s managing director. The LC is responsible for 3 primary areas of work: Staff Coordination, Grants Management, and Board Coordination. He or she maintains SIM’s internal working structure, secures and pursues funding opportunities, and helps provide guidance and direction to the Board of Directors.
Description of position:
● Coordinate staff to develop overall organizational workplans and support their implementation.
● Work with staff to develop individual workplans and support their implementation.
● Responsible for calling and coordinating weekly staff meeting.
● Responsible for every-day management, including but not limited to Encuentro5 relationships, office supplies, space management, etc.
● Responsible for grants management, including researching new grant opportunities, drafting proposals, and writing yearly reports.
● Work with Development Director on tracking and communicating with new donors and foundations.
● Coordinate and work with Board of Directors on setting goals and direction for their work.
● Support and develop Board transition plans for yearly Board Elections.
● Coordinating SIM’s Annual Congress, not limited to the Board Elections component.
● Strong commitment shown to work with immigrant community. Experience working with immigrant communities of MA and with urban youth preferred.
● Experience in management and/or experience leading campaigns.
● Strong relationship building and leadership development skills.
● 3 years of experience working in higher education and/or organizing, preferably with immigrant, urban youth, paid or unpaid.
● Good verbal and written communications skills. Preference to Bilingual speakers, especially Portuguese and/or Spanish.
● Open to flexible schedule (working weekends and nights are possible).
● Ability to drive preferred. Must occasionally travel across the state and attend national meetings.
● Strong management and workplan development skills.
● Ability to use internet, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
● Ability to be organized, motivated, positive, inspirational, relational, sensitive to others and encouraging.
● Professional and punctual.
This is a 35-40 hour a week position. Yearly salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. The Lead Coordinator position is an employee of Neighbor to Neighbor.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume by close of business March 18th, 2013 to email@example.com.
Student Immigrant Movement Hiring Committee